- The Institute has carried out extensive ethnographic studies on the tribes of Madhya Pradesh and maintains a rich database in its documentation centre.
- Evaluation and impact assessment studies of schemes of the government related to development and empowerment of the scheduled tribes, are undertaken. The Institute apprises the government of its findings on the above and related issues with suggestions for appropriate policy or implementation change
- The Institutes undertakes anthropological reference studies. It also furnishes its considered opinion to the government in cases where communities claim to belong to the scheduled tribes.
- Training is imparted to field level government functionaries to orient and sensitize them regarding the way of life of tribal communities.
- Seminars and workshops are held to discuss issues relating to the tribes.
- Dictionaries are under preparation, of Gondi, Korku and Bhili tribal dialects.
- Fairs and festivals are held from time to time to create awareness of the richness of tribal culture.
- The Institute maintains a comprehensive library of books, documents, photographs and films relating to the tribes.
Source: Tribal Research and Development Institute
Date Visited: Tue Oct 04 2016 15:39:59 GMT+0200 (CEST)
- Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre, Kolkata
Eastern region – Eastern Zonal Council
- North Central Zone Cultural Centre, Prayagraj
- North East Zone Cultural Centre, Dimapur
Seven Sister States & Sikkim – North Eastern Council
- North Zone Cultural Centre, Patiala
Northern region – Northern Zonal Council
- South Central Zone Cultural Centre, Nagpur
Central region – Central Zonal Council
- South Zone Cultural Centre, Thanjavur
Southern region – Southern Zonal Council
- West Zone Cultural Centre, Udaipur
Western region – Western Zonal Council
Find a Tribal Research Institute (TRI) in India >>
(up-to-date list on the TRI Portal of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India)
“The great diversity of music in India is a direct manifestation of the diversity and fragmentation of the population in terms of race, religion, language, and other aspects of culture. […] The songs vary in detail, not only from one region to another, but also within a region among the different strata of society.” – NA Jairazbhoy in “Tribal, Folk and Devotional Music” >>
- Find more resources by typing “Tribal Research and Development”, “tribal language Madhya Pradesh”, “tribal anthropology Madhya Pradesh“, “Adivasi heritage Bhopal” or similar search terms into the search window here: Google custom search – Indian press coverage of tribal culture and education >>
- Do the same on Custom search engine: Govt. of India, NGOs and international organisations >>
- Use the WorldCat.org search field seen here for authors or titles dealing with the above mentioned topics:
- Central region – Central Zonal Council
- eBooks, eJournals & reports | eLearning
- eBook | Background guide for education
- Cultural heritage | Customs
- Education and literacy | Right to education
- Government of India
- Languages and linguistic heritage
- List of scheduled tribes by the Commissioner of Tribal Development – Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Museum collections – India
- Revival of traditions
- Seasons and festivals
- Success story
- Uttar Pradesh
Research the above issues with the help of Shodhganga: A reservoir of theses from universities all over India, made available under Open Access >>