- Is tribal identity relevant in today’s world?
- What if we considered everything around us throughout the world?
- How many people depend on forest resources and what is the Forest Rights Act all about?
- How many languages are “potentially endangered”?
- Who are Scheduled Tribes, and what sets them apart from “mainstream” society?
- What can we learn from the success stories of India’s tribal communities?
- Is the Adivasi way of life a utopian one?
- How many States and Union Territories does India have?
- Which are India’s North Eastern states?
- What makes the Biodiversity Act and The Hyderabad biodiversity pledge important for all citizens across India and beyond?
- What are the Rights of Scheduled Tribes? & Are there any privileges or special rights for Scheduled Tribes?
- Do historians regard oral history as inferior to written accounts?
- Which are the terms used by to refer to tribal communities? (e.g. in legal and historical records, textbooks, scholarly papers and the media)
- What makes a place safe for women? Learn more from India’s 15th President Droupadi Murmu
- How to help children, women and other victims of human trafficking?
- Where and when does the Human Rights Commission intervene? Visit the website of the National Human Rights Commission: www.nhrc.nic.in (Government of India) >>
- What is the “Criminal Tribes Act” all about?
“If women are empowered, there is more development in society” – Droupadi Murmu
Find this and other speeches by the 15th President of India >>
Learn more by entering a community name, region or related search words in the safe “Custom search” field seen below
For a list of websites included in a single search, see below. To search Indian periodicals, magazines, web portals and other sources safely, click here. To find publishing details for Shodhganga’s PhD search results, click here >>
List of websites covered by the present Custom search engine
- Action for Community Organisation, Rehabilitation and Development (ACCORD) – www.accordweb.in
- Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE) – www.atree.org
- Freedom United – www.freedomunited.org
- Government of India (all websites ending on “.gov.in”)
- Shodhganga (a reservoir of Indian theses) – https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in
- Survival International – www.survivalinternational.org
- Unesco – https://en.unesco.org
- Unicef – www.unicef.org
- United Nations – www.un.org/en
- Video Volunteers – www.videovolunteers.org