Created by Camille Rolin
Edited with the help of TRISNA FILMS : www.trisnafilms.com
Published on Jun 7, 2014
Journey across tribal art in North East India is a visual anthropology documentary project based on the study on clothing, arts & crafts, music and dance among several tribes like Apatani, Bodo, Garo, Hmar, Khasi, Kom, Konyak, Mao Naga, Maram Naga, Monpa, Rabha, Tangkhul Naga, Tiwa of North East India in states like Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland etc.
This project is born from the wish of a personal practise by a student in anthropology and journalism. The documentary will revolve around arts and crafts from north east indian tribes and their issues nowadays.
Art is at the heart of every society and its study seems to be relevant to explain as much as the daily life, as the rituals and beliefs, as symbols also used by the different tribes. Moreover, as art seems to be a tool of conservation of cultures more and more shaken by the mainstream one, the student leading the project would like to give a visual testimony of the rich diversity of arts we can found in this area in order to perpetue the heritage.
The different arts studied would be divided in four groups: clothing and jewellery, crafts (pottery, sculpture), music and singing, and dance.
This documentary is amateur as written earlier,.. waiting for advices and suggestions to improve.., thanks!
Source: Part – 1 Journey across Tribal Arts in North East India by Camille Rolin – YouTube
Date Visited: Tue Feb 09 2016 17:13:08 GMT+0100 (CET)
[Bold typeface added above for emphasis]
- Audio | Santali Traditional and Fusion Songs: Ghosaldanga Bishnubati Adibasi Trust – West Bengal
- Community facilities
- Crafts and visual arts | Masks
- Cultural heritage
- India’s tribal, folk and devotional music: Secular and ceremonial songs
- Memory of the World Programme – Unesco
- Music and dance | Musicology | Adivasi music and the public stage by Jayasri Banerjee
- Performing arts
- Revival of traditions
- Seasons and festivals
- Success story
- Video | Banam lutes and fiddles of the Santal people – Jharkhand & West Bengal
- Video | Celestial Dancers of Manipur
- Video | Cultural traditions of the Halakki people – Karnataka
- Video | Khasi musical heritage of Meghalaya
- Video | Kota women’s dance: Shivaratri celebrations – Nilgiris – Tamil Nadu
- Video | More than simply a theatre company, set up for a total experience: Trimukhi Platform – West Bengal
- Video | Santali video album “Ale Ato” (Our Village, Part 1 of 2) – West Bengal
- Video | South Gujarat tribal music documentation by Bhasha – Gujarat
- Video | Tribes in Transition-III: “Indigenous Cultures in the Digital Era”