- Bamboo Rakhis That Are Not Only Eco-Friendly but Also Feed Tribals in Maharashtra
An indigenous innovation that challenges the cheap rakhis being dumped in the Indian market by the Chinese, these green bamboo rakhis fund a day’s meal for the tribals of Melghat.
- A Maternity Home Set up in an Odisha Village Delivers Safety and Good Health
The tribal community has become more conscious of women’s health issues and is open to the idea of institutional delivery now.
- Lessons on Survival from a Tribe that is Not Only Surviving but also Thriving
From fighting for their basic rights to getting their own state, here is how a once fading tribe survived. The Khasi-Jaintia-Garo have not only secured land rights but are also covered in the Sixth Schedule of the Constitution.
- In Udaipur, This Ingenious Tribal Community Beats The Odds To Send Its Kids To School
Crippling rains, lack of transport facilities and poverty are just a few issues that stop children from attending school regularly. This innovative tribal community is coming up with unique and interesting ways to make their kids reach school on time in spite of all the difficulties.
- For more success stories and recent updates, visit www.thebetterindia.com/topics/tribal/
Source: Tribal Community In India, Tribal News, Stories & Much More
Date Visited: Fri Sep 16 2016 18:59:34 GMT+0200 (CEST)
Stories of unsung heroes, changemakers, innovations, education, children, women empowerment, travel, history, arts & culture, social development – really, the list is endless. | To view more photos and read the full post, click here >>
Source: About The Better India – The Better India
Date Visited: Fri Sep 16 2016 18:58:27 GMT+0200 (CEST)