The Santal village Bishnubati is situated about 8 km from Santiniketan and Sriniketan, the abodes which Rabindranath Tagore made famous. Since almost 30 years Bishnubati and its neighbouring Santal village Ghosaldanga have made a singularly vigorous effort to develop their potential in the fields of agriculture, economic uplift, and especially of education and culture.
Sanyasi Lohar has been part of these village development programmes. After conducting crafts courses (pottery, terracotta and batik) for several years, he undertook a unique community arts project in conjunction with the Museum of Santal Culture in Bishnubati.
Learn more about this unique project and view a series of photographs here: Six Murals by Sanyasi Lohar and his team >>
eBook versions of Santals Celebrate the Seasons
Santals-Celebrate-Seasons-Murals-Print (PDF 552 KB)
For printed copies of Santals Celebrate the Seasons, the music CD or video-DVD released by GBAT, please contact Boro Baski firstname.lastname@example.org , mob. +91 9462357160
Contributions are voluntary and contribute to the cultural and educational work of the Ghosaldanga Bishnubati Adibasi Trust (GBAT), a tribal NGO registered under the Indian Trust Registration Act, 1982.
Ghosaldanga Bishnubati Adibasi Trust Ashadullapur (Bishnubati)
Village Bishnubati /Ashadullapur
Dist. Birbhum 731236
Sanyasi Lohar +91 9434636856
All contents are being published with an understanding that the respective copyright owners have agreed to the license terms explained in the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. This means that no commercial use or modification of such content is permissible without written consent by their respective copyright holders.
- Ashadullapur Gramin Silpa & Sastha Bidhan Kendra
- eBook | “Santals Celebrate the Seasons”: Creativity fostered by Ashadullapur Gramin Silpa & Sastha Bidhan Kendra – West Bengal
- Ghosaldanga Bishnubati Adibasi Trust
- Museum collections – India
- The Santals by Boro Baski
- Santal music CD and DVD by Ghosaldanga Bishnubati Adibasi Trust
- Santali language | eBook | A Santali-English dictionary – Archive.org
- Sanyasi Lohar
- Seasons and festivals
- Slideshow | Views of Santal villages near Santiniketan: Visiting the Museum of Santal Culture
- Video | Roots and Branches: The Lifeworld of an Enlightened Villager in West Bengal
- Video | Santali video album “Ale Ato” (Our Village, Part 1 of 2) – West Bengal
To locate the Museum of Santal Culture in Bishnubati village (near Santiniketan) on the map seen below, open by clicking on the left button: