Ethnobotanical study of medicinal plants used by Paliyar tribals in Theni district of Tamil Nadu, India.
[My paper] S Ignacimuthu, M Ayyanar, K Sankarasivaraman
Entomology Research Institute, Loyola College, Chennai-600 034, Tamil Nadu, India.
An ethnobotanical survey was carried out among the Paliyar tribals in various tribal villages of Theni district, Tamil Nadu, India during December 2004 to January 2006. A total of 101 species of ethnomedicinal plants belonging to 90 genera and 48 families were reported with the help of standardized questionnaires among 15 tribal informants between the ages of 26 to 82. The study shows a high degree of ethnobotanical novelty and the use of plants among the Paliyars reflects the revival of interest in traditional folk medicine.
Keywords: tribal; ethnobotanical; tamil; tamil nadu; nadu; nadu india; plant; india; district; medicinal plant; medicinal; ethnobotanical survey; traditional folk; village; novelty;
Source: Ethnobotanical study of medicinal plants used by Paliyar tribals in Theni district of Tamil Nadu, India.
Address : http://lib.bioinfo.pl/pmid:18678232
Date Visited: Sat Jul 16 2011 20:28:51 GMT+0200 (CEST)
[Bold typeface added above for emphasis]
For up-to-date information on any of the above places, persons or issues, use the search window seen here:
- Use the above search window to explore several websites and portals at once
- Include the word “tribe”, “tribal” or “Adivasi” to suit your requirements (e.g. “Adivasi education”, Indian tribal heritage”)
- Type the name of any tribal community with a topic of special interest and region (e.g. “Santal music”, “Gond art”, “Khond ecology”, “Narmada Bhil”, “Toda custom”)
- For official figures include “scheduled tribe ST” along with a union state or region (e.g. “Chhattisgarh ST community”, “Scheduled tribe Tamil Nadu census”, “ST Kerala census”, “Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group” or “PVTG Rajasthan”)
List of Indian periodicals and sites covered by the present Custom search engine
- https://news.trust.org (Thomson Reuters Foundation)
Suggest another Indian periodical for inclusion here >>
Disclaimer: All links and quotes found on this website are for information purposes only. We cannot assume liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on the linked websites and distance ourselves from any illegal or offensive contents.
Research the above issues with the help of Shodhganga: A reservoir of theses from universities all over India, made available under Open Access >>