6th Museum Day Celebration
Ghosaldanga Bishnubati Adibasi Trust and the Museum of Santal Culture invites you to join us in the inauguration of the new annex of the museum
Exhibition of photographs of one hundred years of old Santal life, stones and sculptures
9th December 2019 at 2:00 pm, at Museum of Santal Culture, Bishnubati, Birbhum
Guests of Honour
Dr. Doneshwar Manjhi, Head, Dept. of Santali, Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan
Prof. Sanchayan Ghosh, Head, Dept. of Painting, Kala-Bhavana, Visva-Bharati
• Seminar: ‘Museum of Santal Culture: Its future and the possibilities of attracting mainstream visitors.
• Inauguration of HAPRAM DANDER.
• Rarely performed Santali dance and Songs: Balaya sereng, Jawai/Bahu eger sereng, Gai jagao sereng by the elders of Bishnubati and Ashadullapur.
• Santali play by Gobinda Baski and his team from Ghosaldanga and Bishnubati.
• Childrens’ play in Santali by Parboti Murmu, Sushila Hansda and their students from Ghosaldanga.
• Gymnastics by German student volunteer Talina Brehm and the hostel students of Hihiri-Pipiri.
• Santali-Bengali play by village youth directed by Moupiya Banerjee and Sumanta Sarkar of Urotaar theatre group, Kolkata
• Chadar Badoni and Sarpa dance by Ramjit Mardi and junior youth leaders.
- Audio | Santali Traditional and Fusion Songs: Ghosaldanga Bishnubati Adibasi Trust – West Bengal
- Boro Baski
- Education and literacy
- eBook | Free catalogue: Banam: One of the ancient musical instruments of the Santals – West Bengal
- eBook | Free catalogue: Museum of Santal Culture (Bishnubati) – West Bengal
- eBook | “Santals Celebrate the Seasons”: Creativity fostered by Ashadullapur Gramin Silpa & Sastha Bidhan Kendra – West Bengal
- eJournal | Writing and teaching Santali in different alphabets: A success story calling for a stronger sense of self-confidence
- Infusing the Santhali Element in Schooling by Rina Mukherji
- RSV School & Museum of Santal Culture
- The Santals by Boro Baski
- Santals as a community: A brief introduction to their culture and approach to development
- Santal village development and social work inspired by Rabindranath Tagore: Visva-Bharati’s Sriniketan – West Bengal
- “Saving our heritage”: An insider’s article on modern education and cooperation in support of Adivasi traditions and values – West Bengal
- Tagore and rural culture
- The Importance of a Community Museum: Its Role in the Education and the Development of the Santals – West Bengal
- Slideshow | Views of Santal villages near Santiniketan: Visiting the Museum of Santal Culture – West Bengal
- Video | Roots and Branches: The Lifeworld of an Enlightened Villager in West Bengal
- Video | Santali video album “Ale Ato” (Our Village, Part 1 of 2) – West Bengal
To locate the Museum of Santal Culture in Bishnubati village (near Santiniketan) on the map seen below, open by clicking on the left button: