The broad objectives of the Scheme are:
- ( i ) To provide support and sustenance to identified forms of Indian music, dance and theatre as also crafts associated with performing arts, mainly through specialized training programme under eminent masters.
- ( ii )To encourage the young members of the traditional practicing families and those who may plan to take up the art as their profession.
- ( iii ) To provide support to such forms, style, traditions, gharanas, banis etc. that do not otherwise receive encouragement in the normal course.
- ( iv ) To preserve the variegated richness of the performing art traditions of India by proviing direct substantial support to their training and performance activities.
- ( v ) To sustain one standard of training in identified art forms and to ensure smooth transmission of learning from the older generation to the young.
With a view to achieving the objectives, various selected forms of music, dance, theatre including crafts associated with the performing arts and allied arts from all over the country would be given support with special attention to training in non-formal and personalized atmosphere in the tradition of Guru-shishya parampara. The scheme will also support performances, workshops and exhibitions of musical instruments and crafts associated with traditional performing art forms. The scheme will also support short-term intensive training programmes in certain forms.
Financial Provisions […]
Source: SNA: Training::
Address : http://www.sangeetnatak.org/sna/training.htm
Date Visited: Wed Sep 21 2011 20:15:11 GMT+0200 (CEST)