Learn how a school managed by tribal communities is transforming the lives of rural communities. This video was made by 9th standard students after a video workshop held at the Adivasi school managed by the Viswa Bharati Vidyodaya Trust.
Photo and video recommendation: a voice from rural India worth being heard
Whether you plan a visit or seek to learn more about India’s rural life – perhaps inspired by the Gandhian social movement or Rabindranath Tagore – explore “a living journal, a breathing archive” in the Adivasi category of PARI: the People’s Archive of Rural India initiated by distinguished photo journalist-turned-activist P. Sainath, continually enriched by stories from all over India.
More posts about his work are also found on this website including this one:
“Cover Your Country” by PARI: Rural people speak about their lives through photos, narratives, film, and audio materials >>
Explore India’s tribal cultural heritage with the help of several interactive maps, specially created for visitors to this website:
- An alphabetical journey across India
- A virtual journey across India
- A virtual journey across time and space
- Locations for video documentaries and references to external media contents
- Places associated with press reports and blogs devoted to India’s tribal cultural heritage
- PVTG – Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups listed by the Government of India
- Seven Sister States of northeastern India
- Visit a museum collection in India