Learn how a school managed by tribal communities is transforming the lives of rural communities. This video was made by 9th standard students after a video workshop held at the Adivasi school managed by the Viswa Bharati Vidyodaya Trust.
Photo and video recommendation: a voice from rural India worth being heard
Whether you plan a visit or seek to learn more about India’s rural life – perhaps inspired by the Gandhian social movement or Rabindranath Tagore – explore “a living journal, a breathing archive” in the Adivasi category of PARI: the People’s Archive of Rural India initiated by distinguished photo journalist-turned-activist P. Sainath, continually enriched by stories from all over India.
Explore India’s tribal cultural heritage with the help of several interactive maps, specially created for visitors to this website:
- An alphabetical journey across India: from Andaman to West Bengal
- Northeastern India: the “Seven Sister States” & Sikkim
- Visit a museum in India: Indigenous art, anthropological & ethnographical collections
- A virtual journey across time and space: from Gondi-Harappan to present & future
- Locations for video documentaries & external media contents
- Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (Govt. data) & Endangered languages (PLSI data)
- Places associated with press reports and blogs about India’s tribal cultural heritage
- A virtual journey across India: from Ladakh to Gujarat