Tips for using interactive maps
- toggle to normal view (from reader view) should the interactive map not be displayed by your tablet, smartphone or pc browser
- for details and hyperlinks click on the rectangular button (left on the map’s header)
- scroll and click on one of the markers for information of special interest
- explore India’s tribal cultural heritage with the help of another interactive map >>
The posts included in the map include information on the Gondi-Harappan link (Indus Valley civilisation, 2500 B.C.–1750 BC) and evidence of other ancient indigenous cultures, just as modern adaptations of time proven practices in fields as relevant as biodiversity, health and nutrition.
Long preserved by oral culture only, indigenous knowledge systems are now being rediscoverd by scientists in many fields.
Whatever our own cultural background, there is much to learn from India’s tribal communities in many areas of interest, for India’s youth just as for visitors from all over the world!
- eBook & eJournal | eLearning
- Fashion and design
- Health and nutrition | Recommendations by the Expert Committee
- Hyderabad biodiversity pledge
- Languages and linguistic heritage
- Museum collections – general
- Museum collections – India
- Regions of India
- Revival of traditions
- Shola Trust
- Tribal culture worldwide
- Tribal elders
- Video | “Nations don’t make us human – languages make us human”: Ganesh Devy