Tip: toggle to normal view (from reader view) should the interactive map not be displayed by your tablet, smartphone or pc browser.
Explore India’s tribal cultural heritage with the help of another interactive map >>
Learn more about – and from – some of India’s tribal communities by
- clicking on the button seen in the top left corner of the interactive map
- clicking on any marker in the map
- following the links seen there and below
For instance, explore the Gondi-Harappan link (Indus Valley civilisation, 2500 B.C.–1750 BC), a wealth of evidence of ancient indigenous cultures, and modern adaptations of time proven practices (biodiversity, health and nutrition). Long preserved by oral culture only, today increasingly supported by scientists from many fields.
Whatever our own cultural background, there is much to learn from India’s tribal communities in many areas of interest, for India’s youth just as for visitors from all over the world!
To learn more, also do one of the following:
- Type the name of a tribal community, region or other search term into the search window here: Google custom search – Indian press coverage of tribal culture and education >>
- Do the same on Custom search engine: Govt. of India, NGOs and international organisations >>
- Use the WorldCat.org search field seen below: