The music of Thudi (drum) and the Cheenam (wind instrument) is accompanied by dancing. The music is interrupted by extempore stories, where the dancers make fun of each other.
CD: Putheri – Songs of the Adivasi (Track 8)
© Adivasi Munnetra Sangam Gudalur
Viswa Bharati Vidyodaya Trust
Gudalur – 643212
To get a copy of this CD, please contact:
Adivasi Munnetra Sangam
Post Box No. 20
Gudalur – 643212
The Nilgiris District
T: + 91-4262- 261506, 261504
In addition to the actual cost for sending you one or several copies of this book, kindly consider a reasonable donations in favour of the Sangam’s educational projects!
Bank details for Indian and foreign donors are found here: http://www.adivasi.net/vidyodaya.php
The Trust has now been permitted to receive funds from foreign sources too (Vide our No. 075970111. Dated: 9th May 2006)
All Indian contributors are exempt under Section 80 G of the income Tax Act.
In case you wish to make a bank transfer, please contact us over phone or email and we will give you the Bank Account number.
If you wish to volunteer please take a look at our current volunteer requirement.
Tel. No. 91-4262-261927
Source: Adivasi.net – Vidyodaya
Address : http://www.adivasi.net/vidyodaya.php
Date Visited: Sun May 11 2014 19:24:08 GMT+0200 (CEST)
- ACCORD – Action for Community Organisation, Rehabilitation and Development
- Articles by Mari Marcel Thekaekara (writer and Co-Founder of ACCORD-Nilgiris)
- Ashwini community health programme
- Childhood | Childrens rights: UNICEF India | Safe search
- Community facilities
- eJournals, eBooks & reports | eLearning
- eBook | Background guide for education
- Education and literacy | Right to education
- Forest Rights Act (FRA) | Legal rights over forest land
- Gudalur | Communities: Paniya | Kattunayaka | Mullukurumba | Bettakurumba
- Health and nutrition | Recommendations by the Expert Committee
- Shola Trust | Nilgiri biosphere
- Success stories
- Tribal elders
- Viswa Bharati Vidyodaya Trust
- Western Ghats – tribal heritage & ecology
- What is the Forest Rights Act about?
Who is a forest dweller under this law, and who gets rights?
- “Who are Scheduled Tribes?”: Clarifications by the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes – Government of India