Photos: Boro Baski © 2011
Hold a slide for reading by “hovering” (mouse-over on a pc browser), or by touching it with one finger (on a tablet computer or smartphone); to resume the slideshow click/tap the image | More tips >>
– Primary school students and teachers of RSV school
– Students and teachers from Chandana di’s school, Santiniketan
– Students from ‘Johar’, Dumka-Jharkhand
– Baidyanath Murmu (Drawing and Wall painting)
– Probhat Bagdi (Clay modeling and Katum-kutum)
The workshop is a fitting tribute to Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941) on the occasion of his 150th anniversary. The poet, composer, painter and social reformer is known as Gurudev (Great Teacher). He took a keen interest in the life and customs of the Santal communities around Santiniketan, the location chosen for his new school. The internationally renowned Visva-Bharati university founded by him is the chief inspiration for the founders of the R.S. Vidyashram school. Here traditional values and modern pedagogical practice are integrated in a non-formal manner. This ensures that the learning and social needs of rural children from the Santal community receive special attention.