- The Institute has carried out extensive ethnographic studies on the tribes of Madhya Pradesh and maintains a rich database in its documentation centre.
- Evaluation and impact assessment studies of schemes of the government related to development and empowerment of the scheduled tribes, are undertaken. The Institute apprises the government of its findings on the above and related issues with suggestions for appropriate policy or implementation change
- The Institutes undertakes anthropological reference studies. It also furnishes its considered opinion to the government in cases where communities claim to belong to the scheduled tribes.
- Training is imparted to field level government functionaries to orient and sensitize them regarding the way of life of tribal communities.
- Seminars and workshops are held to discuss issues relating to the tribes.
- Dictionaries are under preparation, of Gondi, Korku and Bhili tribal dialects.
- Fairs and festivals are held from time to time to create awareness of the richness of tribal culture.
- The Institute maintains a comprehensive library of books, documents, photographs and films relating to the tribes.
Source: Tribal Research and Development Institute
Date Visited: Tue Oct 04 2016 15:39:59 GMT+0200 (CEST)
Find a Tribal Research Institute (TRI) in India >>
(up-to-date list on the TRI Portal of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India)
- Find more resources by typing “Tribal Research and Development”, “tribal language Madhya Pradesh”, “tribal anthropology Madhya Pradesh“, “Adivasi heritage Bhopal” or similar search terms into the search window here: Google custom search – Indian press coverage of tribal culture and education >>
- Do the same on Custom search engine: Govt. of India, NGOs and international organisations >>
- Use the WorldCat.org search field seen here for authors or titles dealing with the above mentioned topics:
- Books on tribal culture and related resources
- Cultural heritage
- Education and literacy
- Government of India
- Languages and linguistic heritage
- List of scheduled tribes by the Commissioner of Tribal Development – Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Museum collections – India
- Seasons and festivals
Research the above issues with the help of Shodhganga: A reservoir of theses from universities all over India, made available under Open Access >>
Tips for using interactive maps
- toggle to normal view (from reader view) should the interactive map not be displayed by your tablet, smartphone or pc browser
- for more details (some with hyperlinks), click on the map button seen on the left top
- scroll and click on one of the markers for information of special interest
- explore India’s tribal cultural heritage with the help of another interactive map >>