Bangalore-based filmmaker Sunanda Bhat was invited by ACCORD for a community screening of her award winning documentary “Have you seen the Arana?” on 24 March 2013 in Gudalur. Her audience comprised students, their teachers and other members of the different Adivasi communities of Gudalur valley. The screening was followed by a lively discussion. Several participants expressed the need for more community screenings. This would lead to a better understanding of the underlying stories and the complex issues depicted.
Photos and information: courtesy Sunanda Bhat © 2013
- Ecology and environment
- Education and literacy | Right to education
- Film | Media portrayal
- Have you seen the Arana?
- “Is tribal identity relevant in today’s world?” Inaugural Speech for “Tribes In Transition-II: Reaffirming Indigenous Identity Through Narrative” (National Conference 2017) – New Delhi
- People’s Archive of Rural India (PARI)
- Sacred grove | Sarna
- Slideshow | “Have you seen the Arana?”: Film screenings for and with Adivasi communities
- Western Ghats – tribal heritage & ecology